KXicq is the KDE ICQ client, KXicq2 is written for KDE 2 and KDE 3, but also works
with other Window Managers like Gnome, Window Maker ( with Docking !) and others.
KXicq2 uses the new ICQ protocol version 7, wich has much less problems that the
old protocol and it can be used behind firewalls ( it can use socks ).
At this moment, KXicq2 is being developed to support the most common ICQ functions and too
make the GUI as simple and powerfull as possible.
- KXicq has now full support for server side contact list ! (13-04-2002)
Please read the README file in the CVS.
- KXicq and Suse (05-04-2002)
Tanx to Crissi who made a KXicq2 for Suse page with RPMs etc, check the Download section.
- KXicq and KDE 3 (17-03-2002)
KXicq now supports KDE3 ! check CVS and the Changelog how to compile it under KDE3
- KXicq news (17-03-2002)
KXicq has not stand still in the last 2 months, no news don’t means no new CVS updates, so we are alive ;-)
- Added Icq 99/2000 2 KXicq script (26-01-2002)
Added a ICQ 99/2000 2 KXicq converting script by Patrik Westerlund, see the Download section
- Added Licq 2 KXicq script (25-01-2002)
Added a Licq 2 KXicq converting script by Gerhard Hoogerp, see Download
- Sound and Spam (12-01-2002)
Kxicq in CVS now has sound support and a Spam filter !
- KXicq and MSN ? (10-01-2002)
I’m now working on a Protocol Plugin System for KXicq, at the same time, i’m working on the MSN protocol as plugin !
- New release: 0.7.6 (05-01-2002)
KXicq2 has a new release version: 0.7.6, it is the first stable KXicq2 with ICQ 2000 protocol
- Added Non ICQ Contacts (04-01-2002)
You now can add contacts for SMS sending only, which not have a ICQ account.
- New website (31-12-2001)
Finnaly a new website for the new KXicq versions with ICQ protocol version 7.
- Update Own Info (31-12-2001)
Almost finished the Update Own Info dialog, check CVS!
- SMS (26-12-2001)
KXicq now support receiving of SMS, check the CVS
- New Contact list (25-12-2001)
The new Contact list in CVS is finished, with group support and much more
- SMS (21-12-2001)
KXicq now support sending of SMS, check the CVS
At this moment KXicq2 supports the following featurs in the latest release:
- Full support for sending and receiving messages and URLs
- Support for sending and receiving colored messages
- Searching of contacts by Email, firstname/lastname and UIN
- Fully functional Accepting and Rejecting contacts
- Fully functional Sending request for authorization
- KDE 2 Docking
- Window Maker docking
- Full History
- Contact exchange
- Visible/Invisible List
- Update Own Info
- New contact list with Group support
- Non ICQ contacts for SMS sending
- Update basic information
- Fully working SMS sending
- Fully working SMS receiving
- Configurable support for other character sets.
- Update Color settings
- WindowMaker Dock works again
- more security settings
- And much more
To download the CVS version, KXicq2 can be downloaded from the CVS at SourceForge:
- cvs -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/kxicq login
- No Password, just enter
- cvs -z3 -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/kxicq co kxicq2
- cd kxicq2
- make -f Makefile.cvs
- ./configure (you may add more options)
- make install ( as root )
To update the CVS just enter in the source directory: cvs update -dP
You can download KXicq from CVS or from SourceForge Download Page.
Crissi has made a page for Suse 7.3 and KXicq2 for KDE2 and KDE3, you can download there RPM’s and a Howto
compile KXicq2 on KDE3, check it out here.
The Licq 2 KXicq Contact converting script can be found here !
The ICQ 99/2000 2 KXicq Contact converting script can be found here !
To compile KXicq2 under KDE3 you have to do the following things:
- Download the latest CVS
- replace the admin dir with a version from lets say kdebase from the kde3 source distribution
- change $(LIB_KFILE)\ to $(LIB_KIO)\ in kxicq/Makefile.am
- continue the rest of the compilation process
KXicq2 version 0.7.6:
KXicq with group support
More can be found Here !